Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Simple Gifts

I love listening to this CD every November. One of my favorite songs on here is this Shaker hymn:

'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free
'Tis a gift to come down where we ought to be,

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,

To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.

What "simple gifts" are you grateful for today?

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I love that hymn. That looks like an interesting CD. I need something like that.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa said...

In reply to your comment on my page...QUICK READ WHATVER...that book is HUGE. I am so not a big reader. It takes too much time away from my kids. That and sleep is really important to me so I don't normally stay up all that late. So there is no time in there for reading. We had a long drive to Vernal for Thanksgiving though and we started listening to book 2. I guess that will have to do.

Rachel said...

No, no, don't start on book 2! (My least favorite.) Oh well, I do understand the need to be selective with reading. I've had a book sitting by my bed for a month, and I just can't find the time to read it although I've been wanting to for a long time. It's such a luxury to read as a mom of young kids, isn't it. (Although Twilight looks huge, it's printed big & has easy sentence structure & vocab. Seriously, it will go by much faster than you think! Try it . . . :))

Holly said...

Cute blog Rachel. Your girls are adorable. What a lucky mom you are. And what lucky girls they are!