Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Come What May, and Love It!

Sixteen years ago, my family moved into the Bonneville 1st Ward in SLC from the "mission field" (Kansas City). In some ways, it was like coming home. Our families & ancestors are Utah peeps. In other ways, it was oh-so-strange. Such as, when Elder Wirthlin showed up in our home ward & we learned it was his ward and that he lived two streets away. (Who knew that later we'd end up in President Hinckley's stake & see him at a sacrament mtg? Who, indeed.)

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin: What a wonderful, gentle man. When I met him I was struck by his kindly, kindly eyes. And that he was short. I've really loved his last couple of conference talks (read here and here). I came across this picture of him with President Monson and love it. (Great article, too.)

3 comments:

Lisita said...

Two streets away, that's awesome! It's always bitter sweet when these amazing apostles need to pass on.

roselxx said...

Hi Rachel! Happy b-day! sorry it's a little late :-D

gwyn said...

I was really touched by his last Conference talk and think it was appropriate that it was his last one. Come what may and love it!