Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thirty

Friday, Dec 5, was my thirtieth birthday! In a way, I've felt 30 for a long time, so I say--bring it on!

I was grateful for the gift of sunshine all week. And for darling children who were as excited for my birthday as they are for theirs. {The chocolate cake with homemade ganache at Macaroni Grill might've had something to do with it.} I had a fabulous date with my four loves at the Grill, a tradition that started in '99 when Chris & I were engaged. I usually go with one of my favorites but branched out to the mushroom ravioli this year--yum! {Thanks Anna-Marie for the suggestion.}
Later my one true love swept me away for a date of Christmas lights in the big cit-ay. I could choose among three exciting new movies . . . and I chose to see Twilight. Again. I sort of loved it. {Yes, do judge. I'm ready for it.}

It was a perfect birthday, complete with my favorite confections. And yet another gift of birthday bon bons--lovely macadamia nut chocolates to remind me of good things to come in the spring . . . .
{I ask you, can a girl have too much chocolate?}
So, thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was the perfect beginning to a new decade in this blessed life!

10 comments:

Elana said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I can't believe you are thirty, you still look like your in your early twenties, definitely not old enough to have 3 kids! Sounds like a fun birthday!

Lisita said...

Happy 30th - welcome to the wonderful club!!

Jeannette said...

So appropriate that you ate mushroom ravioli and saw Twilight in the same night, right? Please tell me you already made the connection so I don't have to feel like the only Twinerd around here...

Rachel said...

Nettie, can I tell you how much I LOVE you? Of course I made that connection! I just didn't want to come across as too obsessed. You need to move up here, did you know that?

Kara said...

ha ha, you are a Twinerd!! Did you try the mushroom ravioli just for that reason? Was it as good as you expected?
If I'd have known how much you loved the movie, I wouldn't have left such a bashing comment about it on your Facebook! Sorry! Maybe I will like it better the 2nd time around... we'll see! :)
Oh yeah, I'm glad you had a good birthday!! Yay for 30... the new 21!! ;)

roselxx said...

I cant believe u r 30 either! But anyways, happy 30th b-day! It's such a sweet b-day! You are blessed to have such great people around you!

Rachel said...

No, I didn't try mushroom ravioli thinking of Twilight, but can't believe it took me until after to make the connection! When I mentioned this to Chris he just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. These boys, they are so good to put up with their Twilight-crazed wives.

gwyn said...

Happy birthday, beautiful Rachel! You make 30 look radiant! I'm ready to embrace it in 6 months, too. I only wish Twilight was still in theaters in July so I could drag Jared to it. I love how you subconsciously channeled Bella. Our husbands are very patient men. :)

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a wonderful day with you family and love. I sure miss you in Idaho. I am one of those that has not read or seen twilight.....maybe some day.

Rachel Anne said...

It looks like you had a great celebration. Yummy birthday treats. I'm a big Ferrero Rocher fan too.