Anna whispered "Look Mommy, the mice! The tree! The snowflakes! Mother Ginger!" throughout the entire performance. But, she wouldn't let me talk to her. She sat on the edge of her seat with eyes fixed on the stage. During intermission she asked, "When is the play going to start again?" every few seconds.
Sophia's little body wiggled in time to the music, but she also only had eyes for the ballerinas. In fact, both girls toes were tapping . . . which, since they dance to the Nutcracker music every day, isn't surprising.
Their favorite part was Mother Ginger {and someday, if I'm really brave, I'll post a video of ME as Mother Ginger--a favorite little activity in our house!}.
The best part was meeting The Prince after the performance! He was very sweet. {Look at Sophia's face . . . !}
9 comments:
Ok, that final picture is too hilarious!!
Such a memorable experience for your girls!
So much fun! We did that one year and you are reminding me I should do it again - so magical to watch their faces. I loved how excited your girls looked and in their fancy dresses, too.
I'm so glad we're not the only ones we have the Nutcracker constantly playing. Even in the off season! I'd love to see you as Mother Ginger... :)
How fun! I need to do something like that with my Bella. She would love it. You as Mother Ginger sounds very intriguing - must see. (You are the one that mentioned it!) :)
What a special thing for the girls to do with their mom. It's also fun to hear that we're not the only ones who dance around the house to the Nutcracker. Although I'm sad to say that "High School Musical" dominates the sound waves at our house lately:(
Jenni, if Bella is anything like her mommy, she will be DANCING in the Nutcracker someday. I love that dancing is such a big part of your guys' lives. Rach, our girls love HSM, no shame! (I don't think they've seen it? But they do love the music.)
I second the motion. I would love to see your video as Mother Ginger. Have you ever seen Ballet West's Nutcracker? It is the best.
Well Uncle Bart, you just might get your wish. We'll ask Santa if you've been a good boy this year. :) Actually, Ballet West was my first Nutcracker when I was sixteen and I loved it. It is magical at any age!
I remember when I took Aaron to see the Nutcracker when he was little. He wasn't quite so enthralled but he enjoyed it at least until intermission. I totally wanted to take the girls this year, but we had games or parties during every performance. We're totally going next year though. What's the fun of having sweet girls if you don't do things like that once in a while?
Post a Comment