Friday, December 12, 2008

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
(Robert Frost)







(For more of our October family photo shoot, head over here.)

16 comments:

Jenni said...

Lovely photos! You always have the sweetest photos of your family. Always seem to capture the moments so perfectly. You must have a great camera for that.

roselxx said...

Sweet pictures!
The girls are growing so fast~~~

roselxx said...

Hi Rachel, I just checked the whole set of this photoshoot, omg, it's so sweet and wonderful! It's perfect for this holiday season, and I think this would be great as a post card or something like that! Oh, I miss Redmond! Where did you find this amazing place for the shoot?

Rachel said...

Thanks, Jenni! I neglected to give credit to our friend Amy who so graciously agreed to take our pictures. The group shots are from her, the others are our average camera.
Rose, don't you recognize Farrel-McWhirter Park? Our favorite place up here! Now the weather is bitterly cold & everything is gray. These pictures will get me through the winter.

Lisita said...

I looked through every one and LOVE them, so fun!

Rachel said...

L--brave girl, at least there were only fifty as opposed to the FOUR hundred taken! Eek.

roselxx said...

Yeah, I recognised the park, I just never thought it could be so beautiful in Fall! I think Fall and Summer in Seattle is the best, isnt it?!

Kara said...

Beautiful pictures! You must have had great weather that day because it looks so sunny and beautiful. Your family is gorgeous. Daddy needs a little boy. Did I say that??? ;)
I love all the poetry you put on your blog... always so fitting. How do you do that??

Ken Dahl said...

You know guys with a house of little girls as cute as these are you really should be taking more photos. ;)

Dahl Family said...

I have to agree - you always seem to catch the "magical" moments in your pictures. I love all the pics - especially the formal one on the side of your blog.

Rachel said...

Haha, Ken, we will try to take more pictures. It's such a hardship. Speaking of, where are my Mark pictures? Hm?

Elana said...

What a beautiful family! You guys all look so good, what a wonderful setting too. Love the picture of you with horse Rachel!

Rachel Anne said...

What wonderful pictures! It looks so warm and inviting to me, especially since it's below zero today. I so wish that it could be October again. By the way Rachel, you look amazing--so beautiful.

Rachel said...

Sorry I keep commenting on my own posts (so silly) but Kara, thanks for the poetry comment. I really love it. My dad used to read poetry to us all the time, usually at the dinner table (I could post about that someday). Maybe that's why I became an English major . . . ! Anyway, I love Robert Frost & this poem seemed so fitting for the way I feel about my children. These are truly their golden years. I wish they could be my little flowers forever.

gwyn said...

Gorgeous pictures, Rachel. The poem really tugged at my heart strings, though. It echoes the feelings that always seem to be in my heart when I watch my little ones sleep. When they are awake, it's another story... :)

Matt and Joanna said...

your pictures are beautiful! i can't believe how big your girls are getting. they grow too fast.