Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake

Thanks to my little sister Jeannette for this delish and mouth-watering recipe. I do love me a slice of regular pumpkin pie, but what could be more divine than cheesecake? We've been known to make this almost every Thanksgiving since she gave me the recipe (back in 2001). Do yourself a favor and whip this baby up!

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or vanilla wafers)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Combine crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan.

Filling:
2 8-oz packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1. Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
2. Reserve 1 cup cream cheese mixture; add pumpkin, remaining sugar and spices to remaining cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Layer half of pumpkin mixture and half of cream cheese mixture over crust; repeat layers. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill. Makes 10 to 12 servings.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Mmmm... I'll have to try this one for sure!!

Lisita said...

I'm dying to know if you prefer this over regular pumpkin pie. I'm tempted to replace this with the pie next week.

Rachel said...

Lis, that is a hard one because pumpkin pie has emotional connotations as well. You know, the pie of our childhood. But, I think your dinner next week would be in fine form if you were to make pumpkin swirl cheesecake!

Elana said...

mmmmm!! I so want to make that cheesecake for Thanksgiving!

Dahl Family said...

As a person who does not like pumpkin pie (but love pumpkin,) I'm very excited to try this!