Edward's Girl
Saturday night+ theater full of screaming girls (and women)+ good girlfriends+ lots of giggles + anticipation = the Twilight movie!
Loved that the audience screamed as Edward made his first appearance. I am still laughing. (And yes, I screamed.)Loved that the teenage girls behind me were hyperventilating. Loved the artsy camera angles.
Some things left to be desired, but that's where the book comes in . The movie did capture the essence of Twilight--the obsession, first-love awkwardness, drizzly Washington.
And let's face it, the Twilight world wouldn't be half as compelling if I didn't have good girlfriends, sisters, sisters-in-law, and cousins to share it with!
Notice what colors I'm wearing . . . . and the color of my eyesFor all you Twihards, good news here.
9 comments:
You were so brave! Love the pic. :) The movie wouldn't have been the same if I didn't have you to giggle right along with me!
Rachel, you are so funny. I especially love the intimate picture with the Twilight poster. I went to the movie with one of my friends this past weekend. I also had to laugh at all the giggling teenage girls (even during serious parts). It was a good movie, but as usual the book is so much better. My friend just caught the Twilight fever and read all four books in two weeks and once she finished the last book she reread the first book. She was obsessed and so we had to go as soon as possible before her husband went crazy.
I did not intend to go opening weekend and sit with all the teenagers, but my friend really wanted to go for her birthday so I relented. And what fun! I assured the 40 year old matron next to us that we would not scream or giggle at all... so much for that promise! My friend kept sighing dreamily every time Edward made an appearance. I had fairly low expectations so I was delighted to enjoy it was much as I did - it made my heart go pitter-pat, just like the books. And Edward was quite yummy. I know it's brain candy, but that's just what we need sometimes. And it was so much fun to go with a bunch of girls (all of us in red and black, of course) instead of just renting it in a few months with Jared. He would not have screamed or giggled at all. How lame would that have been?
I had so much fun Rachel! And I am so glad that I got to see this movie with girls who are just as cheesy and starry eyed for Edward as I am! It just wouldn't have been the same experience making Ryan go with me.
Gwyn & Elana, I so agree--this movie was all about bonding with your girlfriends over our favorite dreamy vampire! Especially during the cheesy scenes. It was fun to revert to my 14 year old (okay, maybe college?) self and enjoy the infatuation for a couple hours. I agree with everyone, the books are of course better, but what a good excuse to feel obsessed all over again. Our husbands have all been very supportive, haven't they. But as we all know, they eventually reap the benefits from this romantic obsession . . . .
You are too a fan girl!!! We all are!!! I loved LOVED this movie. I went with a million screaming girls too and I think it made it all the better. As I say on my blog...I never read the book but the movie was great and I can't wait for the second one.
Rachel, you look like you had so much fun! I've managed to avoid the Twilight hype thus far, but I think I'm about to cave.
I'm so glad I found your blog! You all look great! We miss you! (And really, we're not that far... I should just whip up some pumpkin swirl cheesecake and have you over for a little soiree!) :)
oh, man! all my friends went Thursday at midnight, and I was too tired to commit to buying a presale ticket! I was just going to go with Chris but now I feel like I should have gone with all the girls! Maybe I will have to talk a few friends into going again (shouldn't be too hard...)
p.s LOVE the picture of you kissing Edward... I'll bet your hubby does too. :)
Post a Comment