Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pumpkin Extravaganza

My friend and old BYU roomie, Gwyn, wrote a pumpkin-inspired post on her blog. And oh, did it inspire me. Have I mentioned that I love pumpkin? I decided to lead up to next week's festivities by posting a pumpkin recipe a day. These are my all-time favorite pumpkin foods. So today, I bring to you the best pumpkin cookies. These little guys are light, fluffy, and very addictive.
(Unfortunately, I'm not making a recipe a day, so pictures are courtesy of the world wide web.)
Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup canned pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream together sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients, then stir in pumpkin. (Add walnuts & raisins if desired.)
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar while still warm.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Wow, I am so excited! Boy, do I love pumpkin, too. I'm just gonna have to check your blog every day this next week... :)

Kara said...

p.s. whats your friends blog address? curious...

gwyn said...

Oooooo, I'm so excited! Ever since you promised the recipe for pumpkin waffles, I've been checking your blog with great anxiety! Peace at last. :) I'm so excited to try these recipes. Pumpkin panini sounds like a great and quick way to get my pumpkin chocolate fix. And, if you pumpkin and chocolate is your thing, I highly recommend the pound cake I posted the recipe for - so chocolatey and delicious.