This recipe tells me that autumn is really here. This weekend we enjoyed some great spiritual enlightenment & the most delish pumpkin bread you'll ever eat. (Thanks to the Jensens for hosting a festive conference dinner!)What are your favorite autumn flavors or memories? Do share! I discovered a new fall favorite--Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate. Another little taste of autumn coziness!
Spicy Pumpkin Bread
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2.5 cups sugar
3 ½ cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground ginger
*Don't forget the chocolate chips!
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans
In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pans.
Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10 comments:
oooo...Yummy!!! I will have to try this. I am excited that it has wheat in it. I have a fetish of collecting recipes with wheat flour in them!!! My favorite book so far is "Wonderful WHEAT: Hearty Grains for Healthy Homes" by Anne Casbeer.
Yeah! I finally have the recipe! I can't wait to make it. Every fall I think about the time you shared some of this bread with me on a cold fall day (I think it was a day that Carson had tests as a baby and had driven into Boise for the test - back in the day that you used to come our way). Maybe I will make some tomorrow. :)
I love Fall in Seattle! It's so beautiful!
Thanks for the recipe Rachel! It's my new addiction. If all goes well we'll be enjoying it again this weekend!
That sounds yummy! I sure love pumpkin bread in the fall. I will have to try this recipe... it sounds delish. Tonight we made homemade hot cocoa with vanilla and butterscotch sauce... and whip cream on top! It made me excited for Christmas! Today was a perfect day.... nice and breezy and in the low 70's.. that doesn't usually happen for us until November. I wish we had more of fall... we miss the leaves changing color. I tried a new Starbucks drink the other day that I absolutely loved! It was a pumkin spice vanilla type drink... can't remember what it was called, but it was to die for! It was a cold drink, though and since it is so cold in Seattle I don't know if they sell it there.
Anyhow, thanks for the recipe! :)
Kara, that homemade hot chocolate sounds divine! What a fun blog recipe (hint, hint). I was picturing you all snuggled inside until I realized how warm it is there. Still, I think I envy you a little!
Ok, that was weird. I had just said to my coworker, "I want to make some pumpkin bread" then I checked your blog and what do you know? It's like...we're connected. Like BLOOD. :) Also, thanks for the Starbucks shout-out, it reminded me that I have a Starbucks gift card from my birthday and now that (baby) it's cold outside, I can finally use it! Ok, so I must remember: salted caramel hot chocolate and pumpkin spice vanilla something. Got it!
I'm going to try this today. It's a beautiful fall day here and we just got back from a trip to the zoo. This would be a great way to end the day! Thanks for sharing.
Just wanted you to know that Alex and I made your pumpkin bread last week, and it was (note the past tense) delicious! It's a good thing I put a loaf in the freezer!
Definitely as good as I remember it being and the family LOVES it! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment