Our trip to San Diego starts off with a bang. The night before we leave, this cute girl throws up 10 times between 10pm-1am. In the morning, she throws up on the drive to the airport. A few seconds later our car's "Malfunction" light blinks. And blinks. We make it to the airport & have a wonderful trip in spite of the rocky start.
Chris spends a couple days in meetings while his girls swim and eat gelato.
Then off to Sea World, Coronado Island, La Jolla beaches . . . .
But I would've been happy if we hadn't set foot off our resort: Tuscan-style pink villa nestled in a rugged canyon . . . more Italian countryside than southern California.
Our last day, we leave for airport with hair still wet from swimming and me wondering, Why don't I live here?
“So I want to warn you laddie
Though I know you’re perfectly swell
That my heart belongs to Daddy
Cause my Daddy, he treats it so well!”
--Cole Porter
(more San Diego pictures here)
13 comments:
I thought you might be back! I couldn't wait to see pictures. I'm very very jealous! What an incredible vacation. Guess this is payback for those times I went to the BVIs, huh?
Wow, you guys have had so much fun! Im so jealous of you! And the pictures are just too cute~~~lol
love,
Rose
Rachel, I especially love the pic of the girls wrapped in the towels! They are so cute!!!!!
And how's Sophia now? Is she okay?
btw, did u get my email?
Rose
Beautiful pictures!!! We want to come next time!
Wow, what a wonderful trip and such a beautiful family - loved, LOVED all the pics!
Your trip looks like it was fabulous! I'm glad you had a great time (despite the beginning).
Sounds like you had a beautiful time. It is always nice to get away like that.
Nettie, I don't know if this quite compares to the BVI. I guess our trips had this in common--a "daddy" to help fund them. :) Who knew San Diego would feel like such an exotic escape. After our cold summer, it was just the thing we needed.
Wow, you guys sure do take fun vacations! And you sure do love the beach, huh? We do too. And speaking of southern Cali, we might be moving there... you can come stay with us any time if we do! Glad you had such a wonderful time on your vaca. Your pictures are always so beautiful. I love the one of your baby crawling out of the pool. So adorable. Thanks for your comments on my blog. :o)
Wow what luxury! I bet you're very glad right now that Chris works for Deliotte. Just like many others said, one can't help but be a little jealous. It looks like you had a wonderful time and you came back with such beautiful pictures too. Take care
What a vacation! Glad you were able to go along with Chris. Love those company perks! Love you guys!
Hey there Dahls! Just checking in...what a fun trip! You deserve the sun and outdoor play! Darcie
Poor Sophia! I hope she's doing okay now. You're trip sounds amazing - it just sounds like a poetic paradise! Cute pictures!
Love,
Laura
Post a Comment