Thursday, April 16, 2009

one last cookie

I have a confession. Please don't judge me.

I make my husband hide the Trader Joe cookies from me. {Or chocolate-covered raisins. Or salty chips. Or . . .ahem.} I beg him on my knees to save me from myself. So into the little pantry he goes and finds a verysecrethidingplace. I have never found it. Believe me, I've tried. {Should I have confessed that?}

Today I was reading Frog and Toad Together with the girls and came to the story titled "Cookies." Read it to your child. You'll see why I couldn't stop giggling.

"You know, Toad," said Frog with his mouth full, "I think we should stop eating. We will soon be sick." "You are right," said Toad. "Let us eat one last cookie, and then we will stop."

"We must stop eating!" cried Toad as he ate another. "Yes," said Frog, reaching for a cookie, "we need willpower."
"There, now we will not eat any more cookies."
"But we can open the box," said Toad.

"There, now we will not eat any more cookies."
"But we can climb the ladder and take the box down from the shelf," said Toad.



Will they ever find the willpower?

7 comments:

theriddle said...

Love it. So true.

Angie said...

That's just too funny! I also loved to see those Jerusalem pictures...I really need to share my experience with my family more...

Rachel Anne said...

Very funny Rachel. If it makes you feel better I skipped dinner last night, (because I couldn't stomach what I had made for everyone) and once kids went to bed I reheated some yummy french fries (not your typical, boring french fries) from a restaurant that Harv and went to the night before, and I ate them all up. I then followed the fries with some ice cream topped with hot fudge. Pretty scary.

What's interesting is that I felt completely satisfied after, not sick to my stomach like I usually feel. I figure I'm just following my doctor's advice, she said, "It's all about the calories, eat anything that sounds good to you."

If I must!

Jeannette said...

I'm hungry now.

Dahl Family said...

More cookies! More cookies! More cookies!

Kara said...

I love this book! I remember reading this with Madison and just giggling together. LIttle did Madison know that us grown ups really are that silly!

roselxx said...

haha, so cute ^___^