Recently there has been a bit of furor in the Latter-day Saint community regarding some negative attention that will be given to our sacred temple covenants on television. The same day that my inbox was rapidly filling up with petition requests from LDS friends, I came across the video below.
Rachel Esplin is a 20-year-old LDS Harvard student who participated in a religious panel directed by Newsweek journalist Sally Quin. After watching her mature & thoughtful handling of some pretty intense questions about our faith, I wanted to stand up and cheer. I suppose I'm sharing this because I think discussions like these, and forums like this, are much more productive than allowing our critics & opponents "to choose the ground on which our battles are fought". (See LDS news article here.)
Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a modern example
She rocks! I would have fainted dead away with some of those questions.
Thank you for sharing that, Rachel. I really enjoyed watching it.
Post a Comment