Circa 1979 . . . I'm the baby!
I love my mother. Simply put, she is amazing. Sixteen children, beautiful figure, healthy lifestyle. She is spiritual. She is kind. She is calm.
Of all the things I associate with her, probably my favorite is BREAD. The story goes that after my parents married, my dad taught my mom how to make bread. {Um, Dad, how did you know how?} Regardless, my mother has baked bread every week for the past almost 50 years. I don't mean the occasional loaf. Her bread was the staple of our family.
I love the picture above because it speaks volumes about my mother. She is working, surrounded by her children, and happy! Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
8 comments:
What a sweet picture of your Mom and some of you kids! I haven't seen many pictures of your Mom, so that was enjoyable.. hope you had a great Mothers Day, too! :D
Happy Mother's Day, Rachel! You are such a wonderful mom, and now I know why.
You should tell us how ur adorable girls did 4 u on Mother's Day!
You found the picture. Yay!
What a sweet tribute to your mom. I can see traits of Anna in the little girl on the right.
What a sweet tribute to your mom. I also have lots of memories of homemade bread--if only I could master it myself. I hope you guys had a wonderful time in Hawaii. We can't wait for pictures.
p.s. I also think the "Last Unicorn" movie is a little strange too.
Your mom is one amazing woman. And you are easily following in her footsteps. (Well, maybe not 16 kids but you are definitely all the other things!) You were also a cutie pie as a baby. :)
I guess I am not sure what year you were born. but unless you are WAY older than me I would say this pic has to be from 1980...not 1979. I could be wrong though.
Kudos to your mom. I barely make it through each day without burning the house down or not living in filth.
Well, I guess you must have inherited your beautiful figure from her, too. That's awesome that she made bread for you every week. What a Mom!!
Post a Comment