Below is a Jewish baker in Jerusalem, making traditional Shabbat bread called challah.
I am trying to learn to braid the challah, something I didn't quite pick up at 5 o'clock in the morning!
The trip down Mt. Scopus into Jerusalem at an unearthly hour was worth it. The best challah I have ever tasted. Complete with my flattering Shabon pants. Shabbat Shalom!
p.s. Stay tuned for a recipe later this week . . . !
2 comments:
I love baking bread. I'm visiting a sister in law right now and just last night made some yummy sourdough bread from a start I had started the day before. Nothing is so good as the smell of fresh bread in the kitchen. Good luck with your new recipes.
Thanks for giving me your blog site! I love making bread, and eating it as well! One of my constant regrets from Jerusalem is that I never got up for fresh Challah at 5 am. I am such a sleeper! Oh how the little things in life that really make the difference!
Post a Comment