Peach and Blueberry CrumbleFor the fruit
2 pounds firm, ripe peaches (6-8 peaches)
2 tsp grated lemon zest
2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh blueberries (1/2 pint)
For the crumble
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ pound (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the peaches into thick wedges, and place them in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and flour. Toss well. Gently mix in the blueberries. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Spoon the mixture into individual ramekins or a 9x13-in pan.
3. For the topping, combine the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and the butter. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit. Place the ramekins (or 9x13-in pan) on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the tops are browned and crisp and the juices are bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nectarine Mint Salsa (serve with grilled fish)
2 fresh nectarines, pitted & diced
3 TBSP finely chopped bell pepper
2 TBSP sliced green onions
2 tsp fresh lime juice
½ TBSP chopped fresh mint
½ finely chopped small seeded jalapeno
Tomato, mozzarella & pesto panini
2 large tomatoes
1 (16-oz) ball fresh mozzarella
12 slices bakery white bread, sliced ½-inch thick
1 cup prepared pesto
salt
unsalted butter
Spread the top & bottom of each sandwich with softened butter. Spread the inside evenly with pesto, put a layer of mozzarella & cover with a layer of tomato. Sprinkle the tomato with salt. Grill the sandwiches in the panini grill for 2-3 minutes, until the mozzarella starts to ooze. Cut in half & serve warm.
11 comments:
Yum! My mouth is watering....Thanks for sharing those fab recipes. This summer it is lemonade and chocolates for me. :)
I tried the peach/blueberry crumble and it was fantastic! Can't wait to try your other yummy recipes!
This time of year for me is especially about flavors: tomato, peach, and zucchini bread.
Thanks for the crumble recipe, I plan on using it shortly!
Your recipes look fabulous! Thanks for sharing-- I think I'll add the panini to my plan for this week. . . if only I had fresh tomatoes in my garden!
mmm...it all sounds so yummy. Do your children eat this?? I have a hard time getting Ethan to eat anything new.
I wish I HAD a garden, period. :) I'm jealous of all you who do, but I realize I have to put the labor into it to reap the benefits! The zucchini bread sounds good . . . better not leave those out of my future garden.
Melon--they do eat these recipes, but there are many things they won't eat.
Yummmmm!
It reminds me of smoothies!
I hope I could get my own blender some day!
I'm jealous of the girls already :)
Rose
All I need to say is yummy!
I love people who put recipes on their blogs. I already love you...but this is icing the Rachel cake.
Speaking of recipes.......I would love that recipe you have for pumpkin bread. I remember having it like 3 years ago when you were in Boise and it was so yummy. Care to share it with me? Do you guys ever come to Boise anymore?
My mouth is watering!
Post a Comment