Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I Love Fudge

It’s hard to believe I’m related to my little sister. Her three girls have camped more times than I can count. Before this weekend, my girls had yet to go camping. (Unless you count sleeping in a tent in the backyard.) I decided this was the summer to just do it. For purists out there, reserving a tiny cabin may not count as camping, but it was rustic enough for me. Ferry rides + Victorian beach towns + Tea Room fudge + sleeping in view of the beach + catching crabs + friends + s’mores = a beautiful end to our lazy summer.

Back at home, we were treated to three tired little girls in different stages of post-campout meltdowns. Clean, soothe, pajama, potty, read, tuck into bed. Nurse the loud one. When the aftermath subsided, I delved into the chocolate-y goodness from Port Gamble. I even shared the last few bites with Mr. Dahl. Man, I love camping!

Port Gamble

Tea House ladies

Catching Crabs

Kitsap Peninsula Beach at Morning

Cute Girls!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

How fun! I love it! Your idea of roughing it is my idea also. I'm not much for sleeping on the ground and the bugs - ugh. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Your girls are so beautiful.

Dahl Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Definitely my idea of camping! The tea house picture is my favorite! So cute!

Lisita said...

I love your family picture at the top. What a fun trip, so glad you had the cabin!! ;)

Karen said...

Did you even get dirty?? ;) That looks like a really fun trip! I think my girls would especially like catching crabs. I wish we were near the ocean!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I wish we were there with you to join in the fun. Sounds like every little girl's dream: to campout and play dress-ups.

Noelle said...

Looks like so much fun! That's my kind of camping! I miss the northwest!

Rachel Anne said...

What a fun trip. You are making me want to move back to the Northwest even more when I see all the unique things that your girls are able to enjoy. Maybe they don't go sledding, but catching crabs--how cool.